Thursday, June 11, 2009

Of Childhood movies and Hallmark movies

While I was sick in bed yesterday,I had this itch to watch something from my kiddie days that would somewhat brighten up my already down and out mood for various reasons besides the obvious of being sick.
So I rummaged through my old CD stack and blindly pulled out...


Hehe..Such childish cravings.Brought back such innocent laughters watching Brom and Speed,and maybe alittle of childhood dreams and fantasy watching the Odette and Derek together.And the songs always either bring tears or a smile..Sigh.
Of course,my favourite scene is the one right at the beginning deplecting the two stars growing up and on each other's neck until well...hormonal changes occur,and puberty hits.
Speaking of puberty,does it ever occur to anyone how Derek's eyes look oddly like he has thyroid stare? His sclera's are quite obvious above and below his cornea.Was that on purpose or was that just how the animators thought would aid medical students in the future or just animators?And why does he look so buffed compared to the other characters?Or is it just the clothes that just goes poofed?
This is gonna sound really corny but,maybe he has hyperthroidism.Since he couldn't sit still most of the time,especially after Odette went missing (Wasn't one of the S&S of hyperthyroidism hyperactivity? )
I think I just spoilt the movie from most of us who loved it so much :P
Forgive me,medical stuffs kinda kick in nowadays since I don't really study it anymore.

Question though,
What does 'Far longer than forever' means?

Anyways,after watching that movie,I managed to get some real shut eyes and woke up feeling way better than I usually do.
Hrm,guess I found my 'other' panadol to my fevers :)

Anyways,then came this morning over breakfast was flipping through Astro and its sad choice of movies when I stumbled on this on the Hallmark channel.


I have to say this first,I LOVE HALLMARK MOVIES!!
They always carry the best shows that emphasizes themes and issues that people mostly disregard nowadays.They beat most movies on the screens anytime.
The worst part bout their movies?
They make me tear :'(
But given any time or day,I'll still pick a Hallmark movie to watch if I'm not into childhood movies.
Back to Mom a Sixteen,it tackles alot of issues that most adolescene are currently undergoing.Mainly : sex,seduction,runaways,and the prime of it...teenage pregnancy.

Most people would say its not our culture on this side of the planet for this to happen,its always the US culture blah blah blah.But seriously,people,if its not such a problem here,then why are there increasing numbers of places to do illegal abortions and the rising numbers of teenage pregnancy?Lets not forget,STD's and runaways and all that comes with that neat little package wrapped in that pretty bow that harbours all that we label 'ONLY IN USA'.

We tend to think that we Asians have a better sense of morality,we'l never do sex before marriage and heck,we're too grounded in our roots to do it.Have you seen that amount of ppl in the night clubs?And wake up call,how many of the new generations are really grounded in their roots or believes?Most of us claim we're of a certain religion but how many uphold that teachings?

I admit,I myself am partly hypocritical to my Christianity teachings,having done alot of things that would have condemned me to hell in the old days.But I've grown to realize my mistakes and am slowly learning from it.After al,no changes take place overnight.

And puh-leaze...they don't do sex?

Wake up,their doing it like its their cup of tea,their everyday meals,some of them even do it like if they don't they'll fall flat and die and the world will forget bout them.Some can even compete with sex workers and probably earn more than them if they did started charging for every second spent.For all we know,the rising numbers of sex before marriage and out-of-marriage-pregnancy might just rival that of 'ONLY IN USA'.

Like it was said in the movie by the Jacey's teacher, "What they sell on TV,MTV and music videos,are they all saying that its ok?"
To which the whole class of idiots who think with their crotch and vagina's echoed 'YEAH!'

Dumb-ass who would one day be leaders of a gret nations.

Maybe that label that reads 'ONLY IN USA' is not ONLY in USA anymore.
Maybe its reaching our shores and worst yet,has already landed and made its home..

What's wrong with the world today?


1 comment:

daniel said...

Interesting… I might try some of this on my blog, too. It’s quite interesting how you sometimes stop being innovative and just go for an accepted solution without actually trying to improve it… you make a couple of good points

part time job